6 February 2011

Psalm 112

Alas, I cannot see where this Samaritan is taking me
Been window shopping for a life, endlessly
Cowards, Heroes, Wicked men have their own charm
Dawn only comes upon those that oppose harm
Even in the shadow, the righteous is in Apollo’s sight
Fear in his heart is eclipsed by trust in the Lord’s light

Given choice for my life, my soul begins to whither
Heralded by sin’s success I’ve been tricked to consider 
Impertinence causes me to stumble and stare
Jeering, the enemy offers his pretentious care
Knowing my heart is secure, I will not fear
Loving the Lord, I surrender all without a tear

My legacy will be triumphant over my enemies
No temptress could deter me with her fantasies
Over all, my commitment is to the greatest love
Poetically invigorating me with a dove
Question such authority, a fool I am to do
Restored is my conviction forever in You

So I scatter abroad my gifts to the poor
To see my righteousness forever soar
Under such a blessing my life’s route’s planned
Vexation is not mine, but only for the damned
Wicked men will waste away like paper on the sea
Xanadu, even, would not defeat the zeal in me
“Ye of great faith shall act accordingly
Zeal shall be the mark of those who pass into eternity”

No comments:

Post a Comment