5 January 2011

Buchanan Street

My mother once said that I should not be afraid,
For on the day, if I asked I shall receive aid
Peculiar then, I find it that I should be alone
Standing on a wet and cold cobbled stone

Perhaps I said the wrong thing a few days ago,
When asked if I desired my desire I said no
Or maybe my actions have found me here
A sin or two can often produce a tear

So here I ponder - write - on Buchanan Street,
Feeling rather miserable with this heat
Or rather the lack of it, I should better say
How I do wish those birds would go away!

And me alone looking upon the commute,
While I stand here deciding to refute
That man has abandoned his brother,
That people don’t care for one another

My clipboard in hand and my poncho to go,
Even though I may be alone, I will show
That there will be many people willing to give
So that those children in Africa can finally live!

No comments:

Post a Comment