10 January 2011

Globetrotter

The harbour for the metal birds in the sky
Hosts the universe and exhausts its mind
Was three in New York, now five in Sydney
Yet the toothbrush rests, peacefully, in Tokyo

Beer over the Atlantic, Wine over the Pacific
Remember that apartment somewhere?
Paid a mortgage, quite a decent amount
Apparently too much to have me live in it

John the Baptist and Buddha, today, fly
Arguing the meaning of life and mankind
As I squeeze past to pursue my destiny
To discover substitutes to the onboard video

Hotel rooms are decorated with catastrophic,
Silent, patient, undulated, captivating fear,
As the mind slowly awakes to count
Those days and places that just stare and sit

The holiday marked with the stain of work.
Love, can we just stay at home for now?
Let my heart sink into my own chair,
Let my soul taste my own made food

Can we avoid the others, the berserk?
Please promise me this, make a vow
Let my mind wander on my own stair
Let my voyage, this trip, finally conclude.

No comments:

Post a Comment